Monday 3 June 2013

Something about: Book Review "One Day You'll Be Mine"

First of all, deepest apologize for breaking the word that this should be the next post after the trip to BookFair, but the month of May is full of so many ups and down for me. 

Anyway, here I am - writing the (very late) review of "One Day You'll Be Mine" by Inawza Yusof.
This is a review, yes, but expect no spoiler from me. 

This is my very own copy of "One day You'll Be Mine" =)

As I grow older, I tend liking more on novels that makes me take time to read it thoroughly. Before, I prefer more on novels that I could finish in 4-5 hours but this novel makes me take time to enjoy it - in a very good kind of way if I may add. =)

I mean, all the characters need time for you to adjust their personality in this novel. All the character's personality did put together to build the story that you realized without even one of them, they story won't turn into this way. Side characters is important to ensure the main characters (Dzul Ehsan & Anith Fitriah) more appealing in the story. 

And no - you shouldn't just jump from one chapter to another without reading properly, or you'll found out you lost of what happened. Really. Don't jump. 

The style of writing is something that I totally approved of. Kinda good to your vocabulary. Learn few words from it. =) Some (eg: my sister) might complain that the writing style is a little bit too complex, but I figured out that it is a good thing. Most novel nowadays is just selling love and ... not much of others. What I mean is, most novel nowadays having inputs of love and not that many that turns to be educational enough, especially to teen readers. 

The storyline also kinda away from cliché / typicality. I gives out new feelings, because halfway through the story you got the feelings of "ah, life is just not about happily ever after case, but it is much more than that". It also gives out goosebumps at some point in the story, exhilarates and awaiting in anticipation of what could happen next. A good story to me is, when you predict what's gonna happen next but it turns out to be out of what you expected.

Every types of relationship face difficulty, it's just how we face and handle it that makes differences.

Overall, I gives this book 8.5 out of 10. Recommended! =)
ps; my update is kinda gibberish, sorry bout that.


Anyway, take care!



(|].^_^.[|) ♪♫ P!nk feat Nate Ruess - Just Give Me A Reason

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Nabilah Arifin :)
    Thank you so much for having ODYBM as part of your collection.
    Second, this is such a lovely review. It means so much to me in a way you couldn't possibly imagine.
    Despite all the flaws, I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it.

    Hope you'll have a good life, thanks for the support.

    P/S: Mohon share review?

    ReplyDelete