Monday 27 May 2013

HF; Simple.

I ran as fast as I can after jumping from my car along the shore, looking for you. Only God knows how worried I am when I received a simple text message from you. Too simple; that I can’t decipher it without thinking the worst situation ever.

I need you, I’m at the shore.

I ran to you; you looking into the sea with nothingness in your eyes and that sight itself make my heart ache – so very much. I don’t know why.

You turn and look at me when you realized that I’m coming to you – for you – and you can’t even smile to me like you use to. I know you want to cry, I could see tears in the brims of your eyes but you don’t, you can’t let your ego down, especially not in front of me. Definitely.

I slowed down my steps – feeling me legs turn weaker by each seconds past – before I kneel beside you, both my hand reaching out yours.

“What happened?” my voice is too low even for me, but you – you are the one that could always understand about me even without me saying it verbally.

You pull me to sit beside you. You just reach me and lean your head a little to my shoulder. It feels weird because I’m way too short – too small, compared to you – but it feels good at the same time too. It’s weird; I can’t describe this feeling at all.

“What happened?” I repeat, this time a little louder.

You smile, I could hear it in your voice. “I got into a fight with dad. Quite a huge one too, unfortunately.” You finally say something, but it didn’t put me in ease. No, not at all. It makes me feels more miserable, especially because you’re smiling. You rarely smile.

“About what?” I hold your left hand tighter, hoping –praying- that it was just about some kind of stupid misunderstanding between you and your father.

You just smile while shaking your head slowly. I could imagine that. You, you always did it whenever you’re being like this, refusing to share your burden with anyone.

I sigh, and we stay like that for what it feels like eternity, until I realized that you’re crying. I could feel your tears wetting my shoulder, seeping through the t-shirt that I wear.

I reach for my handbag, searching for something. You turn and give me puzzling look while wiping your tears away.

When I found it, I smile. I give you one of the earpieces to my mp3. I blasted the songs to the maximum volume and put it into your left ear while putting the other in my right ear.

“Cry, cry if you want to, if you need to. Cry, without restraint. Cause I’ll be here, for you, forever.”

We lean at each other. In the end, we only had each other since we met each other. No one could change it.



“I won’t ever be able to reach my dream, ever again.” – the untold.

No comments:

Post a Comment